Thursday, February 12, 2009

Addison Ann







Well she made it!! Addison Ann Nelson was born February 8th 2009 at 6:05 am via C-section. 8 lbs 13 oz and 20 inches long.. BIG baby!! I awoke early Sunday morning to my water breaking and when I went to the bathroom it was greenish/brown. I called the hosptial and they said to come in to be checked. She had her first stool in the womb hence the discoloration. When we got there the nurse checked me and said something didn't feel quite right. Whatever it was she was feeling was squishy, not like a head should be. I was already dialated to a 3/4. After another nurse checked me they had the Dr come in to do an ultrasound which confirmed our baby girl was breach. Last time the dr. checked me she was not so she must have turned sometime in the last few weeks?!? The Dr. informed Matt and I that I would need to have a c-section. Needless to say we were both very nervous. Everything turned out fine though and I could not believe it when they told me she was 8 lbs 13 oz. How was she fitting in my stomach? After being in the hospital for 4 days we arrived home yesterday. Everything seems to be going ok. Didn't get much sleep last night. Miss Addison thinks its time to play at night. Hopefully we can get on a better routine soon! Thank you everyone for your kind words and thoughts. We love her so much and are looking forward to everything to come!!




4 comments:

Jamie and Preston said...

Oh my gosh you guys, she is beautiful! Congrats on your new little family! We wish you all the best!

The Bradford Bunch said...

YAY!!! She's BEAUTIFUL! We are so happy for you guys.

Buell Fam said...

Congratulations! She is adorable!

The Davis Family said...

Congratulations you guys... she really is beautiful. Im glad to hear things are going well, and dont worry a routine will come. We're really happy for you!